Saturday, February 7, 2009

Sunday - 2/8/2009


Image Comics announced the 'long-awaited' Haunt project, pairing Robert Kirkman and Todd McFarlane. Apparently, this means McFarlane is back...

Well, that's what I took it to mean. I read the words at the top of the promo piece, so that must be what it means.

I'll get to this unfortunate promotional image in just a moment, but here is Todd McFarlane's version of being 'back.'

-Todd McFarlane draws the covers
-He and Robert Kirkman co-write the story.
-Greg Capullo does the page breakdowns.
-Ryan Ottley draws the book.
-Todd does the inks.

This is essentially what Todd McFarlane currently does on Spawn, with a few minor differences. They might as well have said 'Todd McFarlane is Black.' Except that was never true. So it's a good thing they didn't say that. Todd was 'back' last year when he and the new creative team started up on Spawn.

All that aside... this IS brand new Todd McFarlane art. But it looks like an old Spider-Man shot he might have done, with a different costume on, and ecto-plasm (I'm guessing) instead of webbing. I am not here to tell Todd McFarlane how to draw. This is his style... but I would think anyone would be more cautious than Todd was in this instance with the placement of the thumb on the left hand. It is just kinda gross, is all. Maybe I'll like the next one?

-aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment